Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hulk-Smashing goals.

If you remember correctly, back in early January I set a mileage goal (although I didn't start blogging till later, the goal was set in early January). It wasn't a resolution, per se, but just a goal of how many miles I would like to log for the year. This was back before I got this wild hair about doing 13 half marathons this year, before I decided that I wanted to run a marathon next January, and WAY before I dreamed up this crazy idea of doing 6 half marathons in 6 days.

The goal was to log 312 miles this year. It was more mileage than I managed in 2012, but not so much more that it would be unattainable. I wanted a challenge, but I didn't want to set my goals too high, lest I set myself up for inevitable failure.

In January through June, I logged just under 200 miles, so it seemed that I was right on track to pass my goal. But then in July, although I spent a week off my feet due to illness, I managed to log 93 miles. NINETY-THREE!

Technically I've never logged over 50 miles per month, so 93 miles was a lot.  And as of last night, my year to date mileage is at 292.43 miles.

Should all go according to plan, I'll be hitting my 2013 mileage goal by Saturday.

That is mind-blowing to me.

In other late breaking news, I have officially quit on Weight Watchers. My health insurance company told me I was overweight and could reduce my premiums if I lost weight, and they offered me a free weightloss coach. She suggested that Weight Watchers may not be working so well for me because it only tracks on a points system, not individual things like calories, fat, protein, sodium and sugar.

She had suggested using My Fitness Pal. While I resisted making the change, Ray started using it recently and has given it glowing reviews. So for now, I will be tracking everything that I consume and logging it. After the first day, the reports suggested that after 5 weeks I should be at one of my first target weights. I like the idea of that.

I'm gonna Hulk-Smash that goal too. And if the scale only moves 0.1 lb per week... that's ok. I wont let it get me.

2 comments:

  1. Great job on your mileage, that is amazing! Good luck on your new weight loss plan. I quit WW recently too because it just wasn't working well with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how this new program is going to work. I feel like I am logging everything I put into my body and struggling because I am really hungry this week. Last week I could barely remember to even eat. And because I do my workouts at night, I worry that I am not consuming enough during the day, and then have a deficit in calories at night and that might be why I am hungry all day the next day... but I don't want to eat too many calories throughout the day because then what happens if I don't make it to my workout?

      Delete