But now, with the heat soaring to the 90s almost every day, I think the season is officially over, whether I want to squeeze one more event in or not.
And the reality is, that although I could probably handle one or two more events, I am not sure my medal rack could hold any more finisher's medals. With the new season starting in September, it might actually be time to explore other options for displaying them.
I had a couple simple goals when I started the 2012/2013. The first goal was to train for and complete my first half marathon. The second goal was to complete a couple of 5K races to get me used to the idea of actually participating in road races. I seem to have surpassed these goals by leaps and bounds as I completed 15 racing events.
Ultimately, this year I completed *7* 5K races which included:
- Glow Run 5K- November 3
- Warrior Dash- November 10
- Run for your Lives Zombie Infested 5K- November 17
- Foam Fest 5K- November 2
- Beach Beast 5K- April 6
- Disney's Expedition Everest- May 4
- Armageddon Ambush- May 11
- Disney World Half Marathon- January 12
- ING Miami Half Marathon- January 27
- Fort Lauderdale A1A Half- February 17
- Sunshine State Half Marathon- February 23
- 13.1 Miami Beach- March 9
- Coral Springs Half Marathon- March 30
- Singer Island Half Marathon- April 27
With those 7 half marathons, I am well on my way to reaching my goal of 13 half marathons in 2013. I am ready to see what new goals the 2013/2014 will bring.
I've got some interesting goals and plans up my sleeves, so stay tuned for more info.